Energy = Work Done = Force x distance moved in the direction of Force
Kinetic Energy (K.E.) = 1/2mv2 where m is mass and v is velocity (JOULES)
Potential Energy (P.E.) = mgh where m is mass, g is gravity and h is height (JOULES)
Power = Energy / time = Work done/Time (WATTS)
Efficiency = Power Out/Power In (Remember Pout over Pin) = Energy Out/ Energy In (per second)Multiply by 100 to get percent.
* Metals, free electrons dominate
* Solids, domino effect on vibrations
* Heat --> Kinetic Energy --> Expansion
* Less dense rises
*Electromagnetic Waves can travel in a vacuum
*Sun'slight is heat
Uses of expansion in everyday life --> Bimetallic strip in thermostats
* 1st Law = Law of inertia
* 2nd Law = Resultant Force = ma (with m being mass and a being acceleration)
* 3rd Law = Action & Reaction (every action has an equal and oppisite reaction)
Force --> Weight = mg (g=10m/s on earth)
Density = mass/volume (kg/m3)
Hookes law - extension is directly proportional to load (Springs)
F =mg =K.e.)
Clockwise moment = anti-clockwise moment
Moment = Force x Distance from Pivot
Centre of Gravity / Mass = Point where the force of gravity acts.
Pressure = Force/Area (N/m2 = Pa)
* Liquids are not compressible therefore pass on the pressure applied.
Speed = Distance / Time Velocity = Displacement/Time
Equations of motion (Triple Awars)
1. v = u + at
2. s = ut + 1/2at2
3. v2=u2 +2as
* In a displacement time graph the gradient (slope) = velocity
* In a velocity time graph the gradient = acceleration & the area under the line is the distance travelled.
Momentum = mass x velocity = mv (Ns=Kgm/s)
if abody movesin a circle then a force muct be applie to keep it moving in that circle. This is the CENTRIPETAL FORCE.
Ball on a string -->force is due to the tension in the string. if the string breaks the ball flies off at a tangent
F = mv2/r
Waves can be transverse or longitudinal.
frequency = number of waves per second (Hz [Hertz] )
Wave equation --> v=f(lambda) lambda looks like an upside down y, I don't know how to do it on the computer)
* Sound is a longitudinal wave. A human can hear 20Hz --> 20KHz (or 15KHz if they are elderly)
* Sound cannot travel in a vacuum
* Frequency controls pitch, Amplitude controls loudness
*Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum
* These waves travel at c= 3x108 m/s in a vacuum
* Light travels in straight lines --> this is what causes shadows.
Total Internal Reflection (TripleAward)
This is when light isreflected back into the glass because the angle of incidence = criticle angle and then the refracted angle = 90
White light is dispersed in the colours of the rainbow
(Red --> Orange --> Yellow --> Green --> Blue --> Indigo --> Violet)
I(amps) =Current = Change Q / CHange T
RESISTORS IN A SERIES ADDeg Resistance = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 etc etc
Resistors in parallel --> 1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 etc
Ohms law --> V=IR
W = Energy =QV
Power = Energy/ Time =IV =V2/R = I2R
In a plug
*Green and Yellow is the EARTH wire and goes to the top pin
* Blue is the NEUTRAL wire and goes to the left
* Brown is the LIVE wire and goes to the right pin (or wherever the fuse is located)
Double Insulation is represented by a square inside a square.
Cost of electricity --> 1 unit = 1Kwhour
Earth and Space
Force of attraction= GM1M2 / r2
Want me to elaborate on/explain anything ?
Also, remember to look at this !
This community is well dead like.